The annual PMI India Project of the Year awards were given out across two days this year. Here is a snapshot of the winners and runners-up of 2020.
● The project objective was to enhance the power generation in Jammu & Kashmir that suffers severe power shortage.
● A transmission line that passes 11 districts of J&K, impacting over 12.5 million lives.
● Enables over 1,000 megawatt of power exchange between J&K and the Northern Grid, increasing capacity by more than 70 percent.
● Reduced the region’s dependence on expensive fuels.
● Project covered by National Geographic Channel under its ‘extreme engineering series’.