I have been associated with PMI activities after I joined PMI as a member of the Bangalore Chapter on 7 September 2000.
Our chapter has come a long way since its inception 11 years ago. In my previous positions as VP-Membership and Secretary of the chapter, I have seen the PMI Bangalore Chapter grow from 300-odd to 1,530-plus members. The chapter has been actively initiating and successfully executing a slew of projects, unique in every respect, for the development of the PM community.
• PM Footprints is a forum for project managers to share their project experience and knowledge. This networking program is a weekly event.
• Project Management Practitioners’ Conference (PMPC) is the annual event of the Bangalore Chapter. It is a cross-industry forum for PM practitioners, thought leaders and product vendors to share, learn and interact. It has been very highly rated in the post-conference feedback. This year the event is scheduled to be conducted from 9 to 11 September at the NIMHANS Convention Center.
• The One-Day Seminar on Project Management is a PM orientation program conducted in partnership with the Rotary Club to provide insights into PM concepts to beginners in the industry.
• PM Essence is the chapter’s monthly newsletter, which is now into its third year.
• PM Primer is one of the channels developed to interact with colleges, students and faculty. Meets happen at regular frequency and aim at extending PM knowledge to the student community. This has been an initiative to get young minds oriented for a PM career in the industry.
The chapter has also been interacting with the community through web and email updates and newsletters.
The Bangalore Chapter is aiming at increasing its reach and conducting programs in other Karnataka cities such as Mysore and Hubli.
For more info on the chapter, please visit: www.pmibangalorechapter.org
|back to top|
|© 2010 Project Management Institute, Inc. Brought to you by CyberMedia Services|