PMI launches Career Central on PMI.org as a resource for practitioners to advance their career
PMI has just launched Career Central on PMI.org-located at PMI.org/CareerCentral-designed to provide project management practitioners with a comprehensive resource for career information. Now there is no need to search all over the Web or PMI.org to find tools and information to assist your career ‘project’. Fresh and original content on Career Central that is updated weekly will guide you through your job and career moves.
Feature articles are designed to help you think through career transitions. Examples of such features include information on industries you may not realize hire project managers, tips for obtaining employment in the government sector, and advice for people who are new to project management.
Much of this original content is focused on industry, specialization, particular career stages and trends according to regions. In addition to links, the hub includes text articles, and will have interactive features, illustrated slideshows and podcastsand podcasts, besides valuable take-aways for immediate action
Among the types of information you will find are:
- Career advice and interviews with experts in career management;
- News and analysis to help guide your career decisions;
- Counseling features to help you negotiate a raise, improve your networking skills and position yourself as an expert; and
- Information to help you stand out to current and potential employers.
Links take you to a variety of PMI programs and services designed to aid your career, including:
- Certifications and credentials matched to practitioner career levels;
- Academic program information to help you consider opportunities to advance your education in project management;
- Career Headquarters jobs and résumé service; and
- Professional development opportunities, such as SeminarsWorld®, eSeminarsWorldSM and PMI® global congresses.
Whether you are seeking employment advice or looking for knowledge on how to move your career to the next level, Career Central makes it easy for you to access information. The hub centralizes career-related content, credential and professional development information, and other resources from PMI.
Please visit PMI.org/CareerCentral often to find the information and resources you need for your career in the project management profession-and to contribute to the dialog. Along with the new hub, PMI has launched the PMI Career Central LinkedIn group-the first official PMI group on this popular professional networking site.