About PMI India Academic Advisory Group (AAG)The PMI India Academic Advisory Group was formed in December 2009. The members are all eminent academicians from reputed colleges across the country and also senior practitioners from Industry. The group is led by an elected Chair and the names of the members and chair of AAG are as follows:
Dr. K. N. Satyanarayana
IIT Madras; IIT Tirupati
Dr. Anil Sawhney
RICS, Amity University, Noida
Dr. K.C Iyer
Prof. Krishna Moorty
Sun Pharma Academy, Vadodara
Dr. Tapash Kumar Ganguli
Dr. Saji Gopinath
Ms. Tessy Thomas
Prof. I. K. Bhat
Dr. Syed A. Bari
Central University of Gujarat
Dr. S. G. Deshmukh
Dr. Karuna Jain
Dr. Janat Shah
Academic Advisory Group's activitiesObjective:
- To render advice on ways and means to promote and popularize Project Management education in academia.
- To provide thought leadership and assistance in the dissemination of information related to project management education to the influential persons in Government, National and State level Academic Institutions, Deemed Universities, and Private Universities.
- To influence peer group of academicians for the introduction of Project Management related subjects into the curriculum and participate in identified events/conferences for advocating teaching and research in Project Management.
Activities initiated and implemented by AAG:
- Conceptualized and driven the Research and Academic Conference
- Drafted a reference syllabus on Project Management for B-Schools and Engineering Colleges so as to encourage them to teach PM, either as a standalone course or in an embedded model.
- Conceptualized the framework of recognizing academicians in the field of PM by PMI India Distinguished Fellow Award, Distinguished Scholar Award & PMI India Young Research Scholar award
- Created guidelines of Case Studies