Maintain Your Credential
Congratulations on earning your PMI certification!
Now that you are a credential holder, you need to adhere to PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program. To follow the program, participate in professional development activities to earn professional development units (PDUs) and maintain your credential. To learn more about the program, what are PDUs, how to earn and claim them, as well as step-by-step instructions on how to renew your certification, watch the CCR Video.
Every credential requires a specific amount of PDUs per three-year certification cycle. Since the requirements are different for each one, visit their respective pages to find out more, or read the CCR frequently asked questions.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
The exception to the CCR program is the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®, which requires you to retake the CAPM® exam before the end of your five-year certification cycle.
Not sure how to earn PDUs?
- See the video segment "How Do I Earn PDUs?"
- Read Ways to Earn PDUs and check out our PMI Professional Development section for activity ideas.
- Review the PDU Category Structure and Policies for additional information on activities that are eligible for PDUs.
- Search directly for providers or activities:
Ready to report your activities?
Find out more in CCR frequently asked questions.